design that changed the yachting world
Pershing is for the yachting industry what the great stylists are for the world of fashion: a point of reference, an ambassador of beauty and Italian style.
Many of the design choices that have gone down in history arose from Pershing's desire to be always ahead of the times.
The liveable style, the impressive speed and the beautiful and functional design are now consolidated concepts thanks to the many innovations Pershing has introduced.
Here are just a few of them:
- the hydraulic gangway developed in collaboration with Besenzoni and adopted for the entire Pershing fleet starting from the very first model (Pershing 45);
- the craftsmanship that uses a vacuum infusion lamination system to make the fibreglass hull, deck and superstructure – a solution that increases the strength and quality performance of the products and guarantees minimum environmental impact;
- the large monolithic glazing with their innovative curvatures – in particular the rounded side windows and rounded single-piece windscreen – that have defined a style and helped improve liveability, while providing plenty of natural light;
- the innovative carbon fibre stairs to gain access to the sundeck introduced on the Pershing 74, and then on the Pershing 82. Electro-hydraulically controlled, these stairs automatically descend into the cockpit, and they disappear upwards when stowed away to leave the cockpit clear;
- the increasingly aggressive and streamlined shapes of the hulls, which have become nothing less than a standard for many rival brands;
- an innovative optimisation of space both inside and outside to create areas offering luxurious comfort, such as the introduction of the famous glass door separating the cockpit and lounge. Folding away in a downward movement, it allows the exterior and interior of the yacht to be joined, creating a single large area extending from the wheelhouse to the aft sundeck;
- the high levels of personalisation of every model offer yacht owners valuable options supplied by partners such as Poltrona Frau for the leather interior furnishings, and by many other partners of excellence.
All these structural and technological solutions are thanks to the collaboration between the Strategic Product Committee, the Group Sales & Marketing Department, the Engineering Department and the firm ItalProjects led by Fulvio De Simoni.